Shells with Roasted Cauliflower, Chickpeas, and Ricotta
Here, simple healthy ingredients nestle nicely into a small, curvaceous pasta shape.
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, March 2011
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into florets
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 5 ounces crusty bread, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 1 pound medium shells
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together 2 tablespoons oil, cauliflower, and chickpeas; season with salt and pepper. Arrange cauliflower and chickpeas in a single layer and roast until cauliflower is tender and chickpeas are crunchy, 25 minutes. On another rimmed baking sheet, arrange bread in a single layer and toast until golden and crisp, 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add cauliflower mixture, 2 tablespoons oil, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. To serve, top with croutons and ricotta, then drizzle with oil.