- Yield: Makes 34
Source: Everyday Food, June 2009
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted, then let cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until lightened in color. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined. With mixer on low, alternately beat in chocolate and flour mixture; mix just until combined (do not overmix).
Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cookie comes out clean, 14 to 16 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.