White Bean Salad
The herbs in this dish can be changed to best complement whatever your main course is; try mint if served with lamb, dill with fish, and basil with roast chicken. From the book "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
- 3 15-ounce cans cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped or torn fresh dill, mint, or basil (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Rose's Vinaigrette
- 3 scallions (green party only), finely sliced
Combine the beans in a large bowl with the red onion, parsley, optional herb of choice, salt, and pepper.
Slowly stir in the dressing to taste. Garnish with the scallions. Serve immediately or refrigerate. The salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.