Cold Soba Salad with Feta and Cucumber
This is a very hearty salad that can be a meal in itself in just 15 minutes.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2009
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled into long ribbons and thinly sliced
- 1/4 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
Cook soba according to package instructions. Drain.
In a bowl, combine cucumber, cabbage, shallot, parsley, lemon juice, and oil. Add soba; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes. Toss with feta, and serve garnished with parsley.