Under 30 Minutes
To make tasty dishes in minutes, use your microwave. You can microwave potatoes or other vegetables to serve with the fish; if you do, double the butter mixture, and toss with the vegetables.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared white horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 sole fillets, (6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt
- Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
In a small bowl, stir together butter, parsley, lemon zest and juice, horseradish, and mustard.
Season both sides of fillets with salt; lay, flat side up, on a clean work surface. Reserve 2 teaspoons butter mixture; dividing evenly, spread remaining butter mixture on top of fillets. Fold fillets in half crosswise, enclosing butter mixture.
Place folded fillets in a 9-inch microwave-safe dish with a tight-fitting lid. Top with reserved butter mixture, dividing evenly. Cover; microwave on high until fish is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
To serve, place fillets on plates, and spoon juices from dish over fillets; garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2005