Napa Cabbage Salad with Peanuts and Ginger
Napa cabbage, a stellar lettuce stand-in, adds crunch and much-needed variety to salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2007
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 piece fresh ginger (1 inch long), peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 medium napa cabbage (about 1 pound), cored and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper (seeds and ribs removed), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh, cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, ginger, and oils until dressing is smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, bell pepper, cilantro, and peanuts. Add dressing to taste, and toss to combine. Serve.