Under 30 Minutes
Spicy Sesame Eggplant
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Asian garlic chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Heat broiler. Slice eggplant into 3/4-inch-thick rounds; cut each round into 3/4-inch-wide strips. Transfer to a broiler-proof rimmed baking sheet; toss with coarse salt and ground pepper.
In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; drizzle over eggplant, and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer.
Broil, tossing once, until eggplant is browned and tender, about 15 minutes.
SourceEveryday Food, October 2004