Cucumber Salad with Radish and Dill
Cucumbers and radishes are a good pair, each offering distinctive texture, flavor, and color.
- 1 English cucumber or 3 Kirby cucumbers, halved lenghwise, seeded, thinly sliced
- 4 large radishes (about 6 ounces), thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 ounces feta cheese, coarsely crumbled (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill, plus more sprigs, torn, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with the flat side of a large knife
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
Put cucumber, radish, and lemon zest in a medium bowl, and add cheese.
Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, dill, sugar, and garlic in another medium bowl, whisking until sugar has dissolved; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the oil in a slow, steady stream until emulsified.
Add vinaigrette to cucumber mixture; toss well. Garnish with dill. Discard garlic clove before serving. Refrigerate salad in an airtight container up to 1 hour.