Endive Spears with Lobster, Avocado, and Grapefruit
Crab or shrimp may be substituted for the lobster.
- 1 pink grapefruit, peel and pith removed
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 ounces cooked lobster meat
- 4 heads Belgian endive (about 8 ounces)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 fresh tarragon
Using a small paring knife, remove sections from grapefruit. If sections are too large, cut in half crosswise. Set aside.
Slice avocado into 1/8-inch-thick slices; cut slices into 1-inch lengths. Toss in bowl with lemon juice, and set aside.
Cut lobster into bite-size pieces; set aside.
Trim bottoms from endives; separate spears. Place a grapefruit section on top of each endive spear. Top with piece of avocado, then a piece of lobster. Season with salt and pepper; garnish with tarragon. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, December/January 1997/1998