Iceberg Wedges with Blue Cheese Dressing
Iceberg has a solid head of tightly wrapped creamy pale-green leaves that are crunchy and mild. The long, narrow, dark-green outer leaves of romaine have crisp ribs and a good strong flavor; the pale yellow heart is sweet.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2004
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
In a medium bowl, whisk reduced-fat mayonnaise, reduced-fat sour cream, and water with red-wine vinegar. Stir in minced shallot and crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces), breaking up large pieces of cheese with the spoon. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
Slice iceberg lettuce into 8 wedges (remove core). Place 2 wedges on each plate; drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.