Iceberg Wedges with Low-Fat Blue Cheese Dressing
We've adjusted the classic blue-cheese dressing to make a reduced-fat version that's still satisfying and flavorful.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2004
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
In a medium bowl, whisk reduced-fat mayonnaise, reduced-fat sour cream, and water with red-wine vinegar. Stir in minced shallot and crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces), breaking up large pieces of cheese with the spoon. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
Slice iceberg lettuce into 8 wedges (remove core). Place 2 wedges on each plate; drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.