Serve these topped with your favorite salsa and a dollop of sour cream, just like traditional nachos.
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and each cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack, or cheddar cheese
- 8 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 scallions, white and pale green parts, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, toss potato wedges with the oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange wedges in a single layer in an ovenproof 12-inch skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until underside is golden, about 8 minutes. Turn potatoes with tongs or a spatula; transfer skillet to oven.
Roast until potatoes are golden and crisp on the outside and cooked through, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
Sprinkle potatoes with cheese, bacon, and scallions; return to oven, and continue baking until cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve hot.
SourceMartha Stewart Kids, Summer