Autumn Greens with Apples, Radishes, and Cheddar frico
Look for pumpkin-seed oil in gourmet shops or health-food markets.
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup pumpkin-seed oil
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 6 radishes, scrubbed and trimmed
- 9 cups mixed greens (about 3/4 pound), washed and dried
- Cheddar Frico
Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, slowly add pumpkin-seed oil and then olive oil in a steady stream until thick and emulsified.
Slice apples and radishes on the thinnest setting of a mandoline or with a sharp knife. Place in a serving bowl; add mixed greens, and toss to combine.
Drizzle vinaigrette over salad mixture, and toss well to coat evenly. Serve immediately with cheddar frico.