Grilled Greek Chicken Kebabs with Mint-Feta Sauce
A touch of olive oil, vinegar, and oregano makes these kebabs sing. For an even creamier dipping sauce, try thick, flavorful Greek yogurt.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2008
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into twenty-four 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into sixteen 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, quartered, layers separated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
In a resealable plastic bag, combine chicken, zucchini, onion, oil, oregano, and 2 tablespoons vinegar; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and teaspoon pepper. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes (or refrigerate up to overnight).
Heat grill or grill pan to medium. Soak eight 6-inch wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes.
Onto each skewer, alternately thread 3 pieces of chicken with 2 of zucchini and 2 of onion (see below). Grill skewers, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes.
Meanwhile, make dipping sauce: In a food processor, blend feta, yogurt, mint, and remaining tablespoon vinegar until smooth. Serve kebabs with dipping sauce.