Mandarin Fruit Sundae
Other fruits and sorbets can be substituted for the ones listed here.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 1996
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 small mango, pitted and peeled
- 1 red or yellow papaya, seeded and peeled
- 2 navel oranges, peel and pith removed, cut into sections
- 3 tablespoons coconut-scented rum
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pint lemon sorbet
For the Garnish
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut, toasted
Slice the pineapple, mango, and papaya into 1/8-inch-thick slices and then into bite-size pieces. In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, mango, papaya, orange sections, rum, and sugar; toss to combine. Let fruit stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Divide fruit and liquid among 4 serving dishes. Add 2 small scoops of sorbet to each dish and garnish with the toasted coconut.