A jar with a tight-fitting lid is good for mixing and storing rubs. Wet rubs, like this lemon-herb rub, should be refrigerated and will keep up to a week. Make sure to label and date the containers.
- Yield: Makes 12 teaspoons
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2004
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 4 dried bay leaves, crumbled
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients. This zesty rub is ideal for leaner foods such as turkey or chicken breasts and flaky white fish (such as halibut, cod, or snapper).