Under 30 Minutes
Onion and Cucumber Salad with Salmon
Raw Vidalias are mild combined with flaked salmon, capers, and cuke in a salad substantial enough to be a meal. Red-wine vinegar can replace sherry vinegar; then add a bit more honey to the dressing.
- 3/4 pound skinless salmon fillet
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon nonpareil or very small capers, rinsed and drained
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place salmon on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Bake just until opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes. Using a fork, gently flake fish into bite-size pieces; let cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Add salmon, onion, cucumber, and capers; toss to combine. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
SourceEveryday Food, July/August 2007