Smoked Trout on Toast with Tomato Salad
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, July 2009
- 1 toasted slice country bread
- 1/3 cup Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1/3 cup flaked, smoked trout (2 ounces)
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, torn
Top country bread with cream cheese, trout, red onion, and ground pepper.
Place halved tomatoes beside toast. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, and top with torn basil leaves.