Smoked Trout on Toast with Tomato Salad
Smoked trout and cream cheese on a hearty slice of toast paired with a tangy tomato salad puts the the usual morning bagel to shame.
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, July 2009
- 1 slice country bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1/3 cup flaked, smoked trout (2 ounces)
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, torn
Top country bread with cream cheese, trout, red onion, and ground pepper.
Place halved tomatoes beside toast. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, and top with torn basil leaves.