Slow-Cooker Sweet-and-Sour Country Ribs
Start these ribs in the morning, and they'll be perfectly tender by dinnertime.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 pounds country-style pork ribs, separated into single ribs
- Barbecue sauce, for serving (optional)
In slow cooker, whisk together ketchup, sugar, vinegar, mustard powder, cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Add ribs to slow cooker, and toss with sauce. Arrange ribs, bone side up, in a single row. Cover; cook on high, 6 hours (or on low, 10 hours).
Serve ribs drizzled with pan juices and, if desired, barbecue sauce.
SourceEveryday Food, October 2008
Today's Most Pinned
Wild Salmon, Asparagus, and Shiitakes in Parchment
Sesame Salmon with Shiitake Mushrooms and Pea Shoots
Salisbury Steak with Onion Gravy
Down-Home Chicken Soup with Dumplings
Grilled Salmon Steaks with Mustard Sauce and Asparagus
Breakfast Vegetable-Miso Soup with Chickpeas
Roasted Salmon with White-Wine Sauce