When you're entertaining, you need a make-ahead dessert that wows. This rich confection takes just 15 minutes to prep, can be made up to a week in advance, and will not disappoint.
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, April 2010
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces bar cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup strong coffee or espresso, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or brandy
- 1 loaf pound cake, preferably marbled, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup shaved semisweet chocolate
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream, cream cheese, and confectioners sugar until combined. In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum.
In a 2-quart baking dish, lay half the cake slices in a single layer, trimming to fit. Brush with half the coffee mixture. Top with half the cream mixture and half the chocolate. Repeat. Dust top with cocoa powder. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.