Grilled Orange Sesame Chicken and Vegetables
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2000
- 3 oranges
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 2 pounds (2 bunches) asparagus, trimmed
- 6 small (1 3/4 to 2 pound) zucchini, cut on the diagonal 1/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Cut 1 orange into wedges (peel intact); set aside. Of the remaining 2 oranges, remove zest of 1 and juice of both; place zest and juice in a glass bowl. Add lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, and mustard; whisk. Slowly whisk in sesame oil; set aside.
Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap; pound with a meat tenderizer to 1/2 inch thick. Place chicken in a glass bowl; pour half reserved vinaigrette over chicken. Coat thoroughly, cover with plastic wrap, and chill 1 to 2 hours.
Heat a grill or grill pan until very hot. Coat asparagus and zucchini with olive oil; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Grill vegetables and reserved orange wedges until tender. Remove chicken from marinade; season with remaining teaspoon salt; discard marinade. Grill until browned on both sides and cooked through. Arrange chicken and vegetables on platter; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with remaining reserved vinaigrette.