Red-and-Green Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Dried cranberries add not just flavor, but lots of color, to this bed of salad greens.
- Servings: 8
Photography: James Baigrie
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2003
- 1 head frisee (about 5 ounces)
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce (about 10 ounces)
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberries
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 ounces manchego cheese
Tear frisee and red-leaf lettuce into bite-size pieces; combine with spinach in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a blender, combine cranberries, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, and oil; puree until mixture is smooth.
Sprinkle dried cranberries over salad greens in bowl; toss to combine. Divide salad among serving plates. Using a vegetable peeler to shave thin slices, divide cheese among individual salads. Serve with cranberry vinaigrette on the side.