10-Minute Shrimp and Tortilla Soup
Try cod, tilapia, or shredded chicken breast instead of the shrimp in this quick and delicious soup.
- Servings: 1
Source: Everyday Food, May 2010
- 1 corn tortilla, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 small yellow onion, diced small
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup fresh corn (from 4 ears corn) or frozen corn
- 4 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Diced avocado, fresh cilantro, and lime (optional), for serving
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss tortilla with 1 teaspoon oil; season with salt. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium. Add onion and garlic; season with salt. Cook until onion softens, about 3 minutes. Add chipotle and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add corn and cook until tender, 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook until opaque throughout, 1 minute. Serve soup with tortilla strips and desired toppings.