Sweet Potato Wedges with Sesame-soy Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, (about 2 pounds total), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Make the dipping sauce: Stir together soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
Make the sweet potato wedges: Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Toss sweet potatoes with oil and salt in a large bowl. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast, turning once, until tender and slightly browned, about 20 minutes. Transfer to serving dish; immediately sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with dipping sauce.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, December 2005