Artichoke hearts with ricotta and Parmesan cheese on hearty slices of rustic bread adds up to a tangy appetizer or finger food that's easy to make.
- Servings: 4
Photography: LISA HUBBARD
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2002
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 slices rustic bread, about 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- One 12-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Thinly slice 1 garlic clove, and set aside. Gently crush remaining clove, and rub over one side of each of the bread slices. Brush both sides of bread with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toast slices on a grill or in a skillet over medium-high heat until golden and crisp on both sides. Transfer to a serving platter, and set aside.
Heat remaining tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add reserved garlic and artichoke hearts. Saute until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
Season ricotta cheese with salt and pepper; spread about 2 tablespoons of mixture on each slice of bread. Top with sauteed garlic and artichokes. Season again with salt and pepper. Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese, and drizzle with olive oil.