Herb-Crusted Salmon with Roasted Lemons
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill, tarragon, or chives (optional)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 3-pound salmon fillet, skin on, small bones removed
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2-3 lemons, quartered, seeds removed
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Toss panko with herbs and 1 tablespoon oil.
2. Place salmon (skin down) on parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread evenly with mustard; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with reserved panko mixture, patting gently. Scatter lemons around salmon and drizzle them with oil.
3. Roast salmon until it flakes easily, 18 to 20 minutes. With a large spatula, loosen it from skin (which should stick to parchment). Transfer fish to platter and garnish with roasted lemons.