Smoky Paprika Rub
Use this smoky paprika rub recipe, from chef Emeril Lagasse's "Emeril at the Grill" cookbook, to make his Hanger Steak.
- Yield: Makes 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, May 2009
- 3 tablespoons pimenton (hot smoked Spanish paprika, preferably pimenton de la Vera, picante)
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 4 teaspoons granulated onion powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; mix until well combined. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry, dark place, for up to 3 months.