Cream-Cheese Frosting for Spring Garden Cake
Use this recipe to make Martha's Spring Garden Cake. To achieve a smooth frosting, the cream cheese and the butter must be at room temperature.
- Yield: Makes about 3 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2000
- 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, and beat on low speed until well blended. Increase speed to high, and beat until completely smooth, about 2 minutes. Use immediately.