Corn-and-Zucchini Saute with Basil
Combine sweet corn -- fresh off the cob -- with zucchini, garlic, and basil for a colorful, healthy side dish.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2009
- 6 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
Cut off tip of each cob. Stand corn in a wide shallow bowl; using a sharp knife, slice downward to release kernels. Discard cobs.
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add zucchini and garlic and cook, tossing, until zucchini is bright green, 1 to 2 minutes. Add corn and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until corn is heated through, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil and vinegar.