Green Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
This peppery and tart salad gets a rich boost from buttermilk dressing.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2004
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 minced scallion
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 to 3 bunches arugula (1 pound), stems trimmed
- 4 heads Belgian endive, sliced crosswise 1 inch thick (4 cups)
- 2 tart green apples, cored and thinly sliced
In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, buttermilk, vinegar, honey, and scallion. Season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine arugula, endive, and apples. Toss with dressing; serve immediately.