Asian Pear, Celery, and Arugula Salad
Asian pears are more similar to apples than to other pears. Their crisp, juicy flesh makes a sweet and surprising addition to any salad, but pairs especially well with celery and arugula.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Joseph De Leo
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2010
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 2 medium stalks celery, thinly sliced on the bias
- 2 cups baby or wild arugula
- 1 large Asian pear or apple, sliced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Whisk together oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Add celery, arugula, and pear; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.