Spinach Salad with Salmon
A great salad can keep you going for hours -- the key is to include enough protein-rich ingredients, such as salmon, goat cheese, and nuts.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2009
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, (6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup Balsamic-Rosemary Vinaigrette
Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Place salmon on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Broil, without turning, until opaque throughout, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool briefly, then flake.
Divide spinach and tomatoes among serving plates. Top with salmon, goat cheese, and pecans, and drizzle with vinaigrette.