Beef and Grape-Tomato Kebabs
If you like, substitute rib-eye tenderloin for the less-expensive sirloin. The skewers can be assembled in the morning and left to marinate all day in the refrigerator.
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak (about 1 1/4 inches thick)
- 24 grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Slice beef into cubes. Assemble 4 long skewers, alternating 5 beef cubes (threaded perpendicular to the cut) with 6 grape tomatoes on each. Arrange skewers in a nonmetallic dish.
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, mustard, vinegar, and thyme. Pour marinade over skewers; turn to coat. Cover and let stand at least 2 hours in the refrigerator, turning periodically.
Heat grill to high and lightly oil grates.
Season skewers with salt and pepper and place them on grill. Cover grill and cook, turning occasionally, until grill marks are visible and meat is cooked to desired doneness, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium rare.
SourceEveryday Food, July/August 2004