Source: The Martha Stewart Show, May 2010
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 serrano peppers or 1 small jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded (optional), and finely chopped
- 2 small medium-red ripe round tomatoes or 4 to 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Coarse salt
Place onion in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold water. Shake off excess water and transfer to a large bowl. Add peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice. Stir until well combined; season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.