Petits Fours Icing
Use this icing to make the decorative petits fours with butterflies by Karen Porter of Tilly's Cakes.
- Yield: Makes enough for 32 petits fours
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, April Spring 2007
- 9 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Gel food coloring, in desired colors
In a heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water, mix sugar, corn syrup, 1/2 cup water, vanilla and almond extracts together until they are warm, well combined, and smooth. Stir in enough food coloring until desired color is reached. Do not overheat. Let cool about 8 minutes before pouring.