Corn Cakes with Goat Cheese
You can substitute frozen corn for the fresh corn and feta for the goat cheese.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups corn (from 3 ears corn)
- 1 small zucchini, diced small
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Crisp Breakfast Ham, optional
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium. Add corn and zucchini and season with salt and pepper; cook until vegetables soften slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool, 5 minutes. Add scallions, eggs, and cornmeal to corn mixture and stir to combine.
Wipe skillet clean, then heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium. In batches, cook cupfuls corn mixture until set on bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until cakes are cooked through, 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Sprinkle corn cakes with goat cheese and serve with ham if desired.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2010