Quick-Marinated Yellow Squash Salad
Crisp-tender slices of squash marry well with lemon, shallot, and thyme. Choose yellow squash that is glossy, firm, heavy for its size, and small -- a petite squash boasts fewer seeds and more flavor than a big one.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: John Kernick
Source: Everyday Food, September 2007
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 medium yellow squashes (8 ounces each), halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add squash, shallot, and thyme. Toss to combine. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.