Grilled Scallop Salad
- Servings: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch watercress, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 bulb fennel, halved lengthwise, cored, and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 12 large sea scallops, tough muscle removed
Heat a grill pan over high heat. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice, and vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Place watercress and fennel in a medium bowl, and toss with enough dressing to coat.
Lightly brush scallops with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill scallops until just opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
Divide greens evenly between four plates. Top with 3 scallops each. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately.