Salad with Pancetta Crisps, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, and Pear
Crisp, rich pancetta slices complement Brussels sprouts in this salad. Find delicately salty ricotta salata at cheese shops, or use fresh goat cheese.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2008
- 3 ounces thinly sliced pancetta
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1 head Boston lettuce (about 1 pound), torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 red Bartlett pear, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces ricotta salata, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange pancetta in a single layer. Bake on lower rack until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain; set aside. On another rimmed baking sheet, toss Brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake on upper rack until tender, 18 to 20 minutes, tossing once.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and remaining oil; season with salt and pepper. Add lettuce, pear, and Brussels sprouts; toss to combine. Divide among four serving plates, and top with ricotta salata and pancetta.