This hearty Italian dish is based on our Easy Pork Shoulder.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2010
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Easy Pork Shoulder
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Polenta, grits, or mashed potatoes, for serving
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional), for serving
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, 20 minutes. Add fennel seeds and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add wine and cook until almost completely evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add pork and broth. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 8 minutes. Serve over polenta, grits, or mashed potatoes and top with parsley if desired.