For the pumpkin pie substitute 1/4 cup finely ground toasted pepitas for the wheat germ.
- Yield: Makes enough for one 9 or 10-inch single crust pie
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2006
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
Process flours, wheat germ, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor to combine. Add butter and sugar; process until dough holds together. Use immediately.