Salad of Watercress and Hazelnuts
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2005
- 1 thinly sliced shallot (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 (about 12 ounces) watercress
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts (about 2 ounces), toasted, skins rubbed off with a damp kitchen towel
Stir shallot, vinegar, and a pinch of salt in a bowl; let stand until softened, about 25 minutes. Slowly pour in oil, whisking; season with salt and pepper.
Toss together watercress, hazelnuts, and dressing in a salad bowl; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.