Joan's American Haroset
Joan Nathan, author of "Jewish Cooking in America," prepares several different versions of haroset each Passover. This is one of her favorites.
- 6 large apples, such as Granny Smith, Fuji, or Jonathan, cored and quartered
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sweet red Kosher wine, such as Manischewitz
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
Combine apples, pecans, wine, sugar, and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Taste and adjust for seasoning.