Turkey Kebabs with Creamy Tomatillo Sauce
Serve these kebabs on whole-wheat pitas. Top with a creamy tomatillo sauce, which gets its texture from buttermilk and avocado.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2011
- 1 pound boneless turkey breast, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Whole-wheat pitas or salad greens, for serving
- 1 recipe Creamy Tomatillo Sauce
In a medium bowl filled with hot water, submerge four 12-inch wooden skewers and let soak 15 minutes. Season turkey with salt and pepper, then thread 5 turkey pieces and 4 pieces each pineapple and onion onto each skewer. Lightly coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Grill skewers, turning occasionally, until turkey is cooked through, 14 minutes. Remove turkey, pineapple, and onion from skewers. Serve in pitas or over salad greens, drizzled with tomatillo sauce.