Under 30 Minutes
Turkey Kebabs with Creamy Tomatillo Sauce
Serve these grilled turkey breast and pineapple kebabs on whole-wheat pitas. Top with a creamy tomatillo sauce, which gets its texture from buttermilk and avocado.
- 1 pound boneless turkey breast, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Whole-wheat pitas or salad greens, for serving
- 1 recipe Creamy Tomatillo Sauce
In a medium bowl filled with hot water, submerge four 12-inch wooden skewers and let soak 15 minutes. Season turkey with salt and pepper, then thread 5 turkey pieces and 4 pieces each pineapple and onion onto each skewer. Lightly coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Grill skewers, turning occasionally, until turkey is cooked through, 14 minutes. Remove turkey, pineapple, and onion from skewers. Serve in pitas or over salad greens, drizzled with tomatillo sauce.
SourceEveryday Food, January/February 2011