Citizen Steak with Blue Cheese Ice Cream
This delicious recipe is courtesy of Elizabeth Falkner.
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, September Summer 2007
- 2 rib eye steaks (16 ounces each), about 1 inch thick, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for arugula
- Fleur de sel, for arugula
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Blue Cheese Ice Cream
- Onion Rings
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut each steak in half; season with salt and pepper.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; add olive oil. Add steaks and cook, turning once, until crisp and brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and continue cooking until medium-rare, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
Place each steak on a plate. Divide arugula evenly between the 4 plates; drizzle with lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with fleur de sel. Divide pecans evenly among the 4 plates; top pecans with a small scoop of blue cheese ice cream. Serve immediately with onion rings.