Captain Cold Cut
This sandwich possesses energy beyond that of ordinary lunch favorites thanks to salami, prosciutto, provolone, and an array of fresh tomatoes and roasted red peppers.
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 submarine rolls
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or ham (about 6 slices)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced salami (about 8 slices)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced provolone cheese (about 4 slices)
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
Stir together vinegar, oregano, and oil in a small bowl. Split rolls in half horizontally, and spoon a little vinegar mixture on the bottom half of each roll. Layer peppers, prosciutto, salami, cheese, tomato slices, and lettuce on top. Replace tops of rolls, pressing down firmly. Cut sandwiches into smaller pieces, if desired, and serve.
SourceMartha Stewart Kids, Late Summer