Romaine Salad with Anchovy Dressing
With just a hint of anchovy, this perfectly balanced dressing is salty but not overwhelming. Toss it with whatever greens you have on hand for a quick, easy way to enliven any salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 2010
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick shreds
Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook shallot and garlic until just turning translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar and anchovies, and remove from heat. Let cool.
Toss lettuce with dressing just before serving.