Blue Cheese Ice Cream
This delicious recipe is courtesy of Elizabeth Falkner.
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/2 ounces blue cheese, preferably Point Reyes or Wisconson
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum, preferably Bob's Red Mill
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of hot sauce, such as Cholula or Tabasco
Place all ingredients in the jar of a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer ice cream to freezer until firm or up to 3 days.