Herbed Baby Potatoes with Lemon Vinaigrette
When cooked, tiny new potatoes hold their shape beautifully and readily absorb the flavor and aroma of a light lemon vinaigrette and fresh herbs.
- 1 1/2 pounds round baby potatoes, peeled
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- Freshly ground pepper
Place potatoes and 3 tablespoons salt in a medium saucepan. Cover with water, and bring to a simmer. Cook until a knife pierces through potatoes with little resistance, about 10 minutes. Drain; transfer to a bowl.
Heat oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes in a small skillet over medium-low heat until garlic is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Pour over potatoes. Add lemon juice and herbs, and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 2008