Escarole and Walnut Salad
Earthy walnuts and a sweet-and-sour sherry vinaigrette are the perfect complement to this slightly bitter winter green.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2011
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cups sliced escarole
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Stir together vinegar, mustard, and shallots in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Toss escarole with vinaigrette, and sprinkle with walnuts. Season with salt and pepper.